Friday, November 25, 2005

First Dinner at City center of Manchester

The pass 2 days has been very tiring having to walk to 4 different departments to get my subject matching and planning of my timetable. Good thing I am meeting a friend whom i use to know back during the army days. I am actually very surprise that he called me on my cellphone. Why? Because I got a paid as u go sim card and i do not remember giving the number out to more than 10 People and most importantly I did not even tell my friend daniel that i am going to manchester. But somehow words get around and reach his ears after that when he came to manchester he check with a friend who is helping out with singapore society and from there he got my number.

This is just another example that shows just simiply how big may the world be, human interaction and technology just simply reduces the barrier. Anyway running a day around the school, I meet up with with him at city centre ( like orchard road) and went to this resturant at The Printworks call Nandos that serve only chicken sort of like Kenny rogers back at home. But only difference is of course the way the cook the chicken. Over at Nandos, The grill the chicken with different flavor of spiciness. Range from honey and herbs to very HOT. As Singaporean we will always go for the very HOT flavor. And WOW it taste great. Nothing that i have ever eaten. Or maybe because i have only bread for breakfast and lunch and been some really crappy food in the past week. But that does not matter. Because the story does not end here. Eating the chicken is nice, but wait till i dip into this extra HOT and Pepper source. It is just so tasty and spiciy. Phew being able to eat something like that after a busy and freezing cold night (about 9 degrees) just make my day. There is off couse the green salad. Just plan simple greens was also not bad together with it's salad source. Now why is it that i never had such good feeling after a chicken meal back in singapore, well that i dun know but it sure is something that i will look forward 2 the next time.

Anyway after the meal, I was just to tired and so i just went back to my hostel to sleep but my british flat mates are drinking and make a hell lot of noise as they party. Well maybe that is british culture for me. Guess I got to go out with them someother time to see what is it really like to be clubbing with the british at Uk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home